Wisdom Cries Out!

This just really  got me this morning.

So check out what wisdom is to start with. Then go down and see what the very first chapter says about those who ignore it.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7 (ESV)

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
Proverbs 9:10 (ESV)

Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence. The fear of the LORD is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor.
Proverbs 15:32-33 (ESV)

Wisdom cries aloud in the street, in the markets she raises her voice; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out; at the entrance of the city gates she speaks: “How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge? If you turn at my reproof, behold, I will pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you.

Notice how it cries out in the following situations

  • When it is loud
  • At the entrance of places you go

Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded,because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof,I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you,when terror strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.

Look above at Proverbs 15:32-33. Humility comes before honor. When we ignore good counsel and get angry at constructive reproof we are not being humble.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2 (ESV)


Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18 (ESV)


One’s pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.
Proverbs 29:23 (ESV)

Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD, would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof, therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices. For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them; but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster.”
Proverbs 1:20-33

We may not have been killed by our lack of wisdom but we can all say the for every foolish act we have committed we have reaped negative consequences. Foolish acts that are not from complete ignorance are because we have scoffed at wisdom somehow. Or we were complacent and we did not have the proper respect for what God has directed in that matter. Something to think about and how sad as young people we don’t get this at all…

sunset frigate

Hand painted and digitally edited “Sunset Frigate”  Begs to be “Haiku’d”

 

Popular Posts